A Proposal for Blizzard

Dear Blizzard,

Have you ever thought of building a World of Warcraft Theme Park?

Hear me out. It's not totally ludicrous. In fact if you search Google, you'll find that the idea isn't even original. There were rumors that the Chinese had plans of making one, though I'm sure considering all the technicalities, it won't come to fruition.

If it does though, I'd still rather you be the one to do it. I mean, it's CHINA. I'm sure it's going to be unlicensed and illegal and the rides will be poorly-improvised and poorly-executed.

If you need ideas, there's this post I found, which has some pretty interesting stuff, if you ignore the sarcasm littered here and there. For example, I like that he suggested the prizes for carnival games be faction marks, but instead of the ones from the Burning Crusade, they be from either Alliance or Horde.

Your mascots can be all the faction leaders. There'll be spots like in Disneyland where people can have pictures taken, like Bloodhoof's tent, Sylvannas' court, Thrall's throne (I know that Hellscream is the current warchief, but he's such a warfreak. I just KNOW he'll end up dead somewhere along the line.) And yes, I'm Horde, but don't worry, I'm just not familiar with any of the Alliance places, so I don't mention them. What is a WoW-anything without them after all?

For rides, you can pattern a train that goes around the park like the zeppelins. Mine rides would be part of Ironforge's area. There would be a park for Night Elves. Flying gryphons for the humans. The blood elves would have a carousel. (I think it kinda fits our race. LOL.) Or the carousel can be right in the middle of the park, with the "horses" patterned after all the popular mounts, like drakes and celestial steeds and bears and wolves.

There would be thrill rides, of course. But there's so much exciting lore, it's hard to choose which one to use for a rollercoaster. There should definitely be something of a tableau-type where you get to see little events while traveling, then culminating in a scary, steep drop climax, like in Disney's Journey to the Center of the Earth and Universal Studios' Revenge of the Mummy. Naxxramas would actually be a good setting for this. Icecrown Citadel is too large, too drab, too dark, too mono-colored, too boring.

Although, if you can fashion an attraction where people have to ESCAPE Arthas, like in Halls of Reflection, I think that would be fun.

The shops could sell tabards. Initially, they can just be Alliance and Horde. Later on, maybe they can progress to selling those of each race. Or they can have a "Make Your Own Guild Tabard" option.

As for my idea for the restaurants: You can have different types of drinks and whenever people order, they'll be given a card stamped with the type that they got that day. And the drinks will come from all over the park, both Alliance and Horde. It'll be like a mini-scavenger hunt. If they get all the stamps on the card, they'll get the "It's Happy Hour Somewhere" achievement, and maybe a prize. (Haha, I got this achievement last night, so I just HAD to create something around it.)

Before I forget, the park will be a neutral zone, a Sanctuary like Dalaran and Shattrath. Can't have fights breaking out, considering how rabid some fans and players get, after all. If they want fights, they can probably take a turn at their faction's fighting grounds, where they can pound Horde or Alliance straw dummies with wooden swords all they like.

On second thought, that might just increase aggression. So let's just put that on the side for now.

Oh, and there would be shows! There would be some fighting, some drama, some dancing. Hopefully, people won't end up hurling beer mugs and plastic bottles at the stage should either of the factions win in any of the storylines set up.

Now that I think of it, maybe a WoW theme park isn't that much of a good idea after all. It would be pretty, it would be totally cool, I'd probably want to live in it, but it might get violent. Then again, Blizzard has been hosting Blizzcon for a while and I don't hear the Alliance and Horde peeps get at each other's throats in real life.

Ah well, Blizzard, I know I'm dreaming but if all this ever comes true, and you're somehow able to split your focus between managing and constantly reinventing your games and building a huge-ass theme park, I promise to be one of the first to buy tickets.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Renting a Kimono in Kyoto

5 Tips for the Visiting Muggle to Wizarding World in Universal Studios Japan

The Pinoy Guide to Japan Travel: Flights