My family and Pokemon.

My husband, for the latter part of my pregnancy, renewed his long-standing addiction to the Pokemon games by buying Pokemon Black and spending hours upon hours playing. He would alternate between that and Pokemon Platinum which he had finished previously, and even bought an extra Nintendo DS unit so we could play separate titles.

This went on until our baby was born. Because of his little obsession with Pokemon, hubby gave us designations: He identified with Snorlax. It was one of his favorites, plus he had a similarly bulging tummy. Because he was Snorlax, he dubbed our little one "Munchlax", the unevolved, younger form of Snorlax.

Funnily enough, this does resemble my baby after he's been fed.
One day, I told him about how, when my breasts are full, the milk would end up flowing out in a steady stream, sometimes spraying our baby's face during feeding times when he'd suddenly unlatch to take a breath. That's when hubby started calling me "Squirtle". He'd jokingly refer to the squirting using one of Squirtle's attack moves: "Bubblebeam".

Squirtle using Bubblebeam. Sadly, this representation is almost accurate...
Only Pokemon fans will understand this, but in the games, only certain types belonging to similar "egg groups" can breed. I'm not sure if Squirtle and Snorlax are in the same egg group (or if Snorlax can even breed at all!) It seems that in our crazy crazy world, it's possible. I like being Mama Squirtle. I don't think my little Munchlax will appreciate being "Bubblebeamed" all the time though. Oh well.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Renting a Kimono in Kyoto

5 Tips for the Visiting Muggle to Wizarding World in Universal Studios Japan

The Pinoy Guide to Japan Travel: Flights