Looking Forward to: The Three Musketeers in 3D


I should be aware of the pitfalls: It's ANOTHER Three Musketeers film. It's in 3D... which, by itself, should say how overrated it's going to be. It's by Paul Anderson. It stars Milla Jovovich. You watch the trailer and Logan Lerman, who plays D'artagnan, does a Leo from Man in the Iron Mask in that he is un-accented among the bevy of beautifully-accented actors.

But, I will be watching this for him.


Matthew Macfadyen will be playing Athos in this movie. In fact, he narrates most of the trailer.

Because Matthew seems to be choosy with his film projects, I've rarely gotten to see him onscreen. The last time was in Robin Hood with Russell Crowe and he was barely there. His other major film, Frost/Nixon, was probably too serious and too obscure a part of American history for non-Americans that they didn't think to show it here. Death at a Funeral was a British production. Incendiary, I think, went straight to DVD.

So, I'm glad that I'll get to see him in a bigger vehicle, and in 3D, too! At this point, I don't even care if the movie sucks. It's Matthew and his beautiful, velvet voice (the way he said "apocalypse" in the trailer... *shudders* Ugh. His wife's so lucky!) ... and swordfighting.

Although if you want other reasons to watch, like I mentioned Logan Lerman is there (I know people who like him), and Christoph Waltz and Orlando Bloom star as the token bad guys. Should be interesting.

But I'm still watching this for Matthew.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Renting a Kimono in Kyoto

5 Tips for the Visiting Muggle to Wizarding World in Universal Studios Japan

The Pinoy Guide to Japan Travel: Flights