Touching Up and Down.

On my first trip out of the country, back in 2007, we went to Tokyo with a brief stopover at Hong Kong. While at the MIA, Paul, my husband, who's been out of the country twice before me, randomly said, "You know, baby, when we get there you'll marvel at their airport. It's going to be worlds different from here." He was so right.

Now, after having visited other Asian countries, when I step foot into NAIA, I can't help but blanch. And although the Centennial and budget terminals are on their way to becoming as updated as the international airports, they still don't hold much of a candle to them. There is a potential for more. Except, well, we have to get rid of corruption and only a "major overhaul" will accomplish that one!

Look at me, dipping my toes into my most-hated subject. No matter, let's just be grateful we're not in this list of Skytrax's 15 Miserable Airports in the World while wishing that someday, when the NAIA grows up, it'll want to be like any of the Top 10 Best. How many of these have you been to?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Renting a Kimono in Kyoto

5 Tips for the Visiting Muggle to Wizarding World in Universal Studios Japan

The Pinoy Guide to Japan Travel: Flights