Planners for 2011

Like most people, I am no stranger to the Starbucks planner craze. I did not participate for the first one, but I do have the second and third. However, I felt that last year's products were below par and did not deserve the dedication and money usually devoted to its acquisition. (Hell, I don't even drink coffee!)

Then, I stumbled upon the Navi: Your Life Navigator in a bazaar. It's simple, bookbound with an unassuming printed brown cover, and little anecdotes at the start of every month about traveling. The coupons were a bonus -- were more geared towards practical stuff like dining & fitness discounts instead of shopping -- and compared to the more than a thousand pesos I would have to spend on coffee and calories, they were much more worthy of my money.

I've already gone through loving my first Navi, and, since it's the end of the year, they've already released product shots of the second one. (Seen in pic.) If you pre-order before November 30, you get a 5% discount. Their facebook account is here.

A fun alternative to the Navi that I've also found online is the "Relaks, puso lang yan, malayo sa bituka" Planner 2011 by the people at Witty Will Save the World, Co. These are also the same people responsible for the "I Was Supposed to Get That Coffeehouse Planner But I Got Fat/Broke on the 10th Frappe" Planner 2010. Looks like their focus this time is the single and lovelorn. The planner will have a love history questionnaire, a sarcastic love horoscope, a Love-O-Meter, and "I Love You, Too. Tayo Na." coupons. Check out their page dedicated solely to Feb. 14! Hilarious, and definitely guaranteed to make you smile should you find yourself having a bad day. You can check out their facebook account here.

Ugh, with two great planners out (and probably more I haven't seen yet) it's going to be so hard to choose just one. But what am I supposed to do with two???

UPDATE: I saw the new Starbucks planners. They come in three different-colored textured covers and they've gone back to their old weekly calendar horizontal layout. Lots more space to write notes on compared to their 2010 version. Also, the barista mentioned that they're bringing back the coupons this year.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Renting a Kimono in Kyoto

5 Tips for the Visiting Muggle to Wizarding World in Universal Studios Japan

The Pinoy Guide to Japan Travel: Flights