My Shoes Were Made for Walking

One of the most important things to consider when traveling is having the right pair of shoes. I think that they can either make or break your trip or rather, your feet, especially in places where you have to walk all the time.



I'm very particular about shoes and I tend to only bring one pair when traveling, depending on the place we're visiting. For sunnier climes, I have my favorite Fitflop sandals. These are my go-to shoes for Singapore, Hong Kong, countries in southeast Asia and local spots. They are SUPER comfy, as they're designed to cushion our feet, which means MAXIMIZED WALKING! Different styles mean you can take your pick of which sandal will best complement your travel fashion, so they can be casual or trendy. I admit that they're pricey as they average about 4000PHP a pair, but they are worth it because they last long--I've owned mine for about 4 years or so? And I've basically worn them everywhere! I even wore a pair to a wedding because they were the only shoes to fit my then woefully-pregnant feet. (Photo: At a roof deck in Singapore. Marina Bay Sands, I think? I don't remember. LOL. My head's cut but got a nice photo of my blue Fitflops.)

For travel to colder places, I've had to look for a different brand of shoe. Naturally, my sandals won't be able to protect my precious toes in those areas, and for some reason, Fitflop doesn't always have stock nor does it carry all styles of their closed shoes locally. (A shame because they apparently also have boots, ballet flats and sneakers!) So for spring and autumn travel, my husband and I have turned to my go-to brand for sneakers, Skechers! Specifically its GoWalk series which we've found to be lightweight and soft on the feet. Though the material of the sole isn't as thick as that of Fitflop's, it still provides a cushioning effect that makes long walks enjoyable. My husband loved wearing it so much he wants to use it for work even though he thinks it looks too casual. And did I mention that it's lightweight? (Photo: That's me wearing my blue Go Walk at a park in Shinjuku this spring.)


Incidentally, we chanced upon a promo stall of Skechers at the ATC last weekend, primarily featuring the Go Walk line. (They have new colors!!!)




 

Now for a disclaimer: I'm not being paid to endorse these. Or write this blog post. (Maybe I should be though? LOL. :P) They really are just my favorite footwear brands that are readily available locally. The next time you are looking for a good travel shoe, maybe you'd want to check them out.

Fitflop is available in Rustans, Res Toe Run and Bratpack. Their biggest stand-alone store, I think, is in MoA. 
Skechers is available in most department stores, but I recommend the Skechers boutique in Glorietta because they have more designs.




Comments

  1. Those are some really great shoes! Love it ! New Balance India Website has an amazing collection of walking shoes for women. Check it out if you're planning to buy new ones.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Renting a Kimono in Kyoto

5 Tips for the Visiting Muggle to Wizarding World in Universal Studios Japan

The Pinoy Guide to Japan Travel: Flights