500 Films: #8 Alvin and the Chipmunks 2 (Subtitle: Which only reminds me of The Chipmunk Adventure)

I have fond memories of The Chipmunk Adventure movie when I was a kid, so I was eager to see how they would bring in the Chipettes. They were cute. Part of the draw to this film was also Charice's appearance in the talent show. (I think it's a psychological need to be interested in something that involves Filipino fame and talent. We're a small, so-called third world country, and therefore, quite insecure. We look for pride and significance in the little things.) She felt kind of out-of-place in that movie. But that's just me.

Anyway, story was pretty predictable by the time the bad guy (who was also the bad guy from the first movie) popped up. Had to fast forward a couple of times, mainly to see where Charice came in.

I'm now missing the Chipmunk movie. Plot was original, all the songs were fresh and fit the standard Chipmunk voice without being annoying. It was very entertaining. (Plus, cartoon Dave was cute! Like a mature, high-strung, regular guy, non-prince version of Prince Eric of The Little Mermaid.) These were my favorites.
 

Getting Lucky - The Chipettes try their hand at snake charming to get their dolls back.


Off to See the World - This song is like an ode to traveling. I think it inspired my curiosity of other places when I was younger.

 

Girls of Rock 'n Roll - This song is fun, and one of the times when the Chipmunks and the Chipettes sing together. It really showcases how competitive they are with each other.

Comments

  1. The Chipettes look so so so hot in the movie. Lucky guys. Love the both parts of the movie.
    dell

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Renting a Kimono in Kyoto

5 Tips for the Visiting Muggle to Wizarding World in Universal Studios Japan

The Pinoy Guide to Japan Travel: Flights